December 23, 2011

Christmas Cookies

I wanted to do some new cookies this year instead of the same old ones my family has every year.  It was very difficult deciding which to make (there are so many yummy Christmas cookies out there)!  

I've always wanted to make snickerdoodles and so they were at the top of my list.  Second on my list, gingerbread cookies, which many people don't make because of the difficulty working with the dough and the list of ingreds that go into them.  However, some of my family really like them so I decided to try and find an easy, yummy recipe (we'll see).  My third choice, thumbprint cookies, were ones my "Grammy" used to make and we all LOVED, so I wanted to try my hand at them.

Last night, I completed probably the easiest of the three, snickerdoodles.  This recipe actually involved using a cake mix, which was very intriguing to me.. a cookie dough made from a  cake mix?  I must try it!  Well, not only did the dough produce over 60 cookies, but they were super easy to make, and super yummy to eat! (of course I had to test them out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment