December 15, 2011

Monster High Skullettes

I'm in the process of creating a "Monster High" cake for my niece's 6th Birthday.  She's obsessed with "Monster High" so of course that will be this year's cake theme.  I wanted to make the little skullette characters but was having a hard time finding a method of making them (one that I thought I could do anyway).  Then I came across an awesome blog by Mighty Delighty Sweets & Treats and thought "this is it!"

I don't have much experience with Royal Icing other than the RI flowers we learned in my Wilton class, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.  Well I completed my skullettes today, and while I did have some trouble along the way, and they don't look nearly as perfect as Mighty Morgan's, I'm happy with them overall.  Hopefully my niece will be as well.  Thanks for the inspiration Morgan.. you have lots of yummy looking treats on your site!  I will post a pic of the completed cake/cupcakes this weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment