January 2, 2012

Monkey Cake/Cupcakes

This week I'm working on a monkey themed 1st Birthday Cake/Cupcakes for my husband's grandson, Max.  I will be putting together a big monkey face made out of cupcakes (a "cupcake cake" - which will be my first) as well as a smash cake for the Birthday boy.  I'm excited about doing my first cupcake cake.. hope it turns out well.  

I wasn't sure what to do for the smash cake (since Max's Mom told me to run with it!) but then I started playing around with my brown fondant and ended up making my first ever fondant figure - a monkey!  I was pleased with how it turned out, being my first and all (lots of firsts with this cake :)  Here's a pic of the smash cake topper I made.  I will post pics of the completed Cake/Cupcakes this weekend.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment