July 5, 2012

Flowering Cupcakes

So I completely forgot to post last week's confection.. whoops! (been a crazy busy week)..  It was my niece Mady's 13th Birthday.  She's not much of a Cake person (yes I get those now and then.. crazy huh) so her original request was for blueberry cobbler, which my mom made - super yummy btw!!  However, they also wanted some Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter chips, frosted with my whipped cream icing recipe (they're not big on sweet frosting either).  

The only 'theme-ish' request was light green and light purple icing.  So I decided to do something I've been wanting to for a while, which was frost the cupcakes to look like a flower/hydrangea.  I've seen it many times and love it.. wasn't sure if it would work with whipped icing since it tends to be very soft.. but it worked!  I think they turned out so pretty, and received many compliments on them at the party :)




No comments:

Post a Comment