August 6, 2012

Cars Cake

Last week I had my first Cars Cake request for a little guy who was turning 5 (obviously as you'll see in the pics).  His mom wanted a "5" racetrack on the cake.. she also gave me a couple toy cars to place on the track.  Below are the fondant elements, I will post pics of the completed cake shortly.

This is the birthday sign I made to go on the track, at the top end of the cake.  I wanted the flag-type sign to look as though it had movement, so I added a little wave to it as well as applied the lettering in sort of a 'jumbled' manner.. I like how it turned out.  The sign itself is pretty tall standing so I won't place it until delivery (just to be safe ;)



My Racetrack!



 ..made some fondant tires just for an additional prop on the cake :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment