August 22, 2012

Deja Vu

Last week I had another CARS cake.. very similar to the one I did two weeks before.  A friend saw the first one and wanted the same for her little guy turning 2.  The one addition was she wanted a 'parking row' for Lightning's buddies.. which I thought was very cute ;)  ..she put his new set of 'cars' on the cake (one of his gifts).  The other thing I did differently with this one was to shorten the height of the race sign.  I think it was too high on the first cake and combined with the shallowness of a sheet cake, it seemed slightly wobbly.  So this time around I used the same lollipop sticks for sign posts, but trimmed them a couple inches, which worked perfectly.  

 The cake is vanilla with strawberry fruit filling, and vanilla buttercream icing.  
The racetrack, parking row, and sign are all fondant/gum paste.   Here are the pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment